This is a really thought provoking and interesting article with points that go far beyond what the title implies. Whilst focused on the Green Brigade, brilliant as they are, there are parts that delve into far bigger questions in a really positive way. Particularly in terms of how football authorities and the clubs themselves materially value control over campaigns such as anti-racism rather than encouraging effective grassroots action, the importance of autonomous left/progressive organising amongst football fans and debunking the deliberate criminalisation of youth supporters and ultras culture under the guise of hooliganism. Well worth a read.
And as always, welcome any comments or questions to provoke discussion - lot of points raised in the article.
- sometimesifantasize67 reblogged this from until-theskyturnsgreen
- fromrusholmewithlove likes this
- until-theskyturnsgreen reblogged this from footballisradical
- ninako likes this
- beneaththepool reblogged this from never-famous
- beneaththepool likes this
- never-famous reblogged this from footballisradical
- eoin-ceallsach likes this
- yhizzur reblogged this from footballisradical and added:
- yhizzur likes this
- animal-chin likes this
- footballisradical posted this